The Village Winery
by Liz Silva Hall
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing (peppercorn)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 1 tbsp. of dry dill
- 2 1/2 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 3 skinless chicken breast halves, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp dry white wine (Legacy Trebbiano)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow and green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes or until fork tender; drain. Blend dressing, dill, mustard and wine. Cook chicken in oil over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Blend cooked chicken, potatoes, cilantro and bell peppers in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the mixture, toss gently until coated. Serve this wonderful salad as a meal all on its own.
A lovely glass of Legacy Gewurztraminer or KRS French Sauvignon Blanc would complete either of these two dishes to perfection. Enjoy!